Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Finally an update. Been Working Hard!!



We have been really busy the past couple of months. My first companion Elder Lutes was transferred in October to a small island in our mission and is doing great there.  I was moved to a new area at that time and given a new companion, (Elder Jorgenson) he came in to the mission at the same time I did so we were both still pretty new missionaries (2 months).  We had the opportunity to work together through the rest of October and November. We had some great experiences teaching and working together.  I have really felt the Lord's hand in my life as I have served in this area.  I love the people in New Zealand and especially in the area I am working in.  We have been blessed with many opportunities to teach and baptize.
I attended a fireside in November and had a really awesome surprise there.  One of the sisters who was asked to speak and share her testimony was a sister that we were teaching in my first area when I got transferred.  I did not know she had been baptized and she was so excited to see me there and expressed her thanks to Elder Lutes and I for teaching her.  It is so amazing to see how the gospel of Jesus Christ changes peoples lives.  I am so priveleged to be a part of this great work.
At transfers in November I was called to train a new missionary (Elder Thorpe) and it has been an awesome experiecnce.  We are working hard and the Lord has blessed us with more success.  I know this is the Lord's work and I am blessed to be serving Him in this mission.
I hope everyone at home is doing well.  I apologize for not writing more.  I will try to share more in the future. 

Elder Jarnagin

No comments:

Post a Comment