Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"The good Lord giveth and the good Lord taketh away"



Dear friends and family


All is going well here it’s been a really long week so I will just start from the beginning.

It started out as a great week we were able to get a lot done and all seemed to be going well. Then, that's when it happened (dun, dun, dun). My companion and I lost the car. The mission had a mid- transfer intake and one of the sister companionships needed to have a car. So I guess the good Lord giveth and the good Lord taketh away. For now we are stuck riding bikes and trying to get rides from other missionaries or members. The rest of the day was really crazy there wasn't much to it but trying to get used to riding a bike on hills is a pain. The next day there really wasn't much and the entire week was just really busy had some really neat experiences this week but I won’t write them in this letter I will tell my parents and have them put them on the blog. I hope all is well with everyone I apologize to those of you that I haven't gotten back to yet but I don't have much time at the computers. I promise that I will get back to you, have a wonderful week


Sincerely

Elder Jarnagin



From his letter to MOM and DAD


Well on Saturday we had a lady walk up to us and tell us that she wanted to be baptized. We found out she lives in the zone leaders ward and unfortunately had to turn her over to them I was a little frustrated at first cause our teaching pool is small but thrilled for her desire to be baptized and that she came to us.


So the first P day I was here we went and had some KFC and right outside of the KFC there was a crazy guy yelling at people and swinging at people looking like he wanted to hurt someone and the police were called over to talk to him but I really didn't think much of it at the time. Then the day after we lost the car I was on my bike going up a hill when I see a man at the top walking down and I had already made up my mind to stop and talk to him but then I realized it was him. He dropped his shoes and got into a position where he was gonna swing at me and I felt something tell me to stop right in front of him and as soon as I stopped he froze mid swing and then just stood there like he wanted to hit me but like he was being constrained by someone or something. After a few seconds I felt that it was ok to keep going but that was the first really cool experience that I had this week. I really felt like I was being watched over and protected in that instance!



“riding a bike has been tough, especially on my slacks. There is one pair that will never see the light of day again”

No comments:

Post a Comment