Tuesday, September 3, 2013

  

WOW!  This has been a crazy week. I finally am out in the mission field and its been really interesting. My companions name is Elder Lutes he's a great missionary. He's the district leader for our area so he's a very busy person and really enjoys training. He is from Utah. He really likes to sing I don't think there is a quiet moment in our flat because either he is singing or I am. For the first few days here it was really rainy which made me extremely grateful to have a car in our companionship. Tomorrow I might even get to drive, because we are going on trade offs with the zone leaders and that is when they certify the drivers is on those trade offs so I am a little scared to do that but I will be grateful if I can start driving because I don't like the passenger seat. On the other hand I am a little freaked out about driving on the opposite side of the road. The schedule is just the normal schedule that a missionary follows we wake up at 6:30 in the morning and we exercise and then we get ready for the day. By 8:00 we are having our personal study and then after an hour we have our companionship study and then we are stuck in the flat doing the 12 week program until 11:00. I wish we had more time in the morning to work though because I can't stand being cooped up in the flat.  I would much rather be out doing missionary work. They say that the more that you bear your testimony to people that the stronger it gets and I have definitely felt that as I have been able to testify to people that the gospel has been restored to the earth. The people here are very nice even though most of them aren't ready to receive the gospel they are still nice about it and even will offer us food.  We have to turn it down most of the time but one thing is for sure here in New Zealand I will never go hungry. I hope all is well, hope to hear from you all again my P day is on Mondays which is your Sunday and I will be sending out an email like this one every Monday. 
 Anyway the fist day was really slow we got straight to work after I met my companion we went and knocked on doors and the day soon came to an end but the next day we arose and  had a lot of stuff to do in the morning because friday is our weekly planing meeting.  After that we went and met with an investigator name Teresa and taught her about the restoration and we were able to set a date for her to be baptized.  Then we went and picked up a young man who I don't think has considered serving a mission before I  met him.  We went to a family's house and while there we taught them about the restoration and I invited them to be baptized.  He said maybe but she said yes so the next time we go over we are gong to help them through any issues that they are having and get them into the waters of baptism. The rest of the day went by really fast.  The next day we got a few peoples numbers from knocking on the doors but not to successfull of a day until late at night just before we were heading back to the flat we met a young man who was interested. The following day was pretty much the same and the same experience happened so it really goes to show and helps me to better understand my purpose and that this is not my work but its the Lords work and he will lead us to those who are ready. I will talk to you all later.
                                                                                                                       
Sincerely 
Elder Jarnagin

No comments:

Post a Comment